Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Furlough Fear and Furlough Faith

Well, here we go again is all I can say.

It's been a while since I've blogged. This year has been one of the most difficult of my life. Ironically, it has also been the most busy. So, instead of writing all about it publicly as it happened, I've kept a journal and will turn some of the lessons learned into a series of posts at the end of the year.

For now, I'm home after going into the office to sign and submit the required furlough letter.

We went through this over the summer. It happened to amount to only six days, but it was spread across multiple pay periods which ironically ended up being a bigger pay cut than if it had all been in one paycheck. Go figure. Math can get wonky sometimes.

Being in a constant state of indecision brings a lot of anxiety and fear. I've had my share of mine through this entire dilemma. I've also had my share of work. Because I manage the development of dozens of products, those deadlines still had to be met despite the disrupted schedules the furloughs created. Most of us ended working more hours, for less money and with far more drama.

Sigh.

However, in those small moments where I'm by myself - I pray, I listen to scripture and I reflect upon life.

This is an opportunity for faith and growth. This is a chance to pursue new things. This is a chance to see the possibilities that I've been struggling to see because I've been so busy.

So, today I have no idea when the next paycheck will come. But, I do know I've been blessed with dozens of ideas that I've already started to pursue.

Let's see where this road takes us!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...