Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Becca House - the original

As stated in earlier posts, I was awaiting to receive "Becca House" in the mail for some time and it finally arrived. Scot has been working on this rendition for quite a while and it continues to improve through each iteration.

I thought I'd share a few pictures here. It is inspired from the prairie style architecture of Frank Lloyd Wright's earlier career.

Overall rendering
Scot attempted to describe "Becca House" in Japanese to fit in with the Asian inspired grounds and architectural design.
Front view of the home.
Main floor plan. Spacious with a massive fireplace in the center. There will be a stained glass window in the upper end of the fireplace so light flows through the entry way into the living room. Stain glass window will be squares and circle shapes, no floral designs.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

BYU Rugby Forever said...

Sweet! (I mean, that I get to see it posted on your blog!)

I think I am entitled to be at least a little proud of the drawing, since it is the best-looking thing I have ever created.

3 years in the planning. 2 years on the actual drawing itself (not every day, obviously). Best motivations. No regrets. Greatest satisfaction. Becca House.

Thanks for the opportunity, Becca.

BYU Rugby Forever said...

By the way, the three Japanese characters on the right, top down, say 'Becca House', and on the left, they say 'Modern Ho-o-den' or 'Modern Phoenix House'.

Life's a Dance said...

I love it! My sister and I used to spend time at my grandpa's house during the summer and we would go thru reams and reams of paper designing the ins and outs of our someday dream house. ....but to actually have it put in plans...so FANTASTIC!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...