Saturday, July 26, 2008

Secret Happiness - Secret Compliments

I just had one of those moments. It was when I decided to go write a note on a friend's Facebook wall this morning. I had written on her wall about a week ago and there was only one comment after mine. Apparently, the person was surprised my friend was still in contact with me.

The comment after mine said:

"Rebecca xxxx... As in... 6 foot tall Rebecca xxxxx who was way cool and used to stop by when we were in CP? Am I remembering this correctly?!"

Ok, I'm not posting this because I wanted to feel "cool" about myself. I wanted to post this because seeing that one little comment made my day. It wasn't written on my wall. It was written from one friend to another on another wall. It's too bad I'm not the cool person they were talking about right now, but seeing that made me want to be the "cool" person again even if I am in a different part of life.

Either way, it was a good reminder of all those little things - thanking friends for friendship, passing on compliments, sharing moments instead of rushing around with our unimportant tasks, and finding the good in others.

It looks like I need to write a few notes now that I'm feeling special. (-: It is true that a little compliment can go a long way, aye?

1 comment:

ME said...

I beg to differ! YOu are still the cool tall Rebecca who likes to drop by.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...