Thursday, September 6, 2012

Moment in Time Friends

People come and go in life. Sometimes I come and go.

Some keep in touch, some move on. I sometimes forget to keep up with even close friends.

It's weird when one friend wants to keep the communication going and it appears the other doesn't care. Or, maybe they are so busy and happy with new friends that they keep putting off getting in touch with the old. Or, maybe they are going through stuff and can't quite talk for a while.

I understand. I think I've been on both ends of the equation.

Maybe, just maybe, they didn't want to continue being friends. Maybe I was toxic to them and didn't know it.  I've had a few people I have let go as I remember that it wasn't a true reciprocal relationship.

Either way, I'm thinking that sometimes we have to take some friendships for what they really are - moment in time friendships. There was a time, place, circumstance, and relationship that was needed for just that moment.

No need to dwell on what no longer is, or work so hard at maintaining the connection....unless both are willing to do so.

It shouldn't be sad, but it kind of is when you are the person that thought it would continue.

At the same time, if they come back...I'll be there for them. These aren't lost causes, just moments in time.

Good memories either way.

1 comment:

erinannie said...

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I'm having a rough day trying to accept that a friendship/relationship is most likely over. The silence is deafening. I miss my friend. I've done my part. There was no fight, no fall-out. It just seems to have dissipated on the other end. I keep asking myself if there is something I should do to make it come back again. But at the same time I realize chasing makes people run further away, not towards you. I guess I just have to wait until I am missed back. I hope it is not too long.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...