Friday, September 28, 2012

Quote Project

So, I've always been an avid quote keeper. I think it started when I was a young teen when they gave us quotes in Sunday School our in our Young Women's classes, but I don't know. My journal contains a few from before that time.

Either way, they've collected over the years in paper form. Most of my life in the past 20 years has been electronic from the days of my Brother typewriter for some journal entries to completely digitizing EVERYTHING now (except I've reverted back to my little notebooks for daily to do lists).

But, I'm catching up with my prior past (0-22 years old).

I'm down to 4-5 little plastic bins of journals that I'm re-typing, random certificates and forms I'm scanning and ....all my stories and quotes. Luckily, many of these are now available on the Internet with a simple word search.

Perhaps it was the fire at work, where at the end of the day, all the electronics, photos, and personal belongings ended up strewn about on the lawn for us to pick through.

Or, perhaps it is just me realizing that I'm getting old and it is time to take care of this now and it will never happen. Or, probably most likely it was me realizing that I needed to get all this done before having a family, even though that goal went through a temporary disappointment.




Either way, I'm at it again. Documenting, uploading, tagging. In fact, you can take a look if you want at http://bloggerpickles.blogspot.com. I've had the blog for a few years, but I'm adding LOTS more over the next month or two. They are my favorites and so they aren't there to impress, but rather to act as my personal resource. But, if you ever need to leverage it...go right ahead. At some point I'll turn it into a blog book for myself (like this blog), but for now I'll just keep the stream flowing.

Side perk: Our house is getting simplified! Less paper dust. Fewer plastic bins to lug around. More space.

But,  I will take a picture of a couple of the dittos - remember those? So awesome when they came off the machine all white with purple ink and a bit damp. Memories....

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...