Sunday, November 18, 2012

Loved Ones

Sitting in church today someone said "loved ones." I think we all say it without recognizing what we are saying. Or, maybe I'm just late to this ah-ha moment.

Here's a typical sentence:

"We were praying for our loved ones that were in Hurricane Sandy."

I had always thought of these "loved ones" as a group, but it very clearly states in the dictionary that this is "a person who you love, usually a member of your family."

We are all individuals and feel loved one-on-one.

I'm going to think on that the next time I revert to praying for large groups at a time. It's individual people with individual feelings, needs, heartaches, and talents that need individual attention and prayer.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...