Sunday, November 18, 2012

The Rich get Richer ...in a good way

Last night I had the opportunity to sit in a large room at our temple. A group of congregations (a stake) were invited to come for a special meeting. The last time we had one such meeting there were a few hundred people there. Last night there were almost 700 people in the room. Wow! I didn't even know it could hold so many people!

Either way, I looked around and realized this was a group of very successful people by the standards of society. They are all smart and talented, have wonderful families, have great jobs and extend service to others on a regular basis. Sure, they all have challenges, but as far as balance in life goes...they are on the right path.

I had seen most of them donating to the Mormon Helping Hands just weeks before - clothing, blankets, money and sweat equity. I've heard of what goes on behind the scenes.

It is a great reminder that whether we are in good times or bad in life, it is important to always be giving and serving to those around us. It is a state of mind, not of bank account.

Truly, if our hearts don't desire to share and serve others when we have nothing....what do we expect to change when we win the lottery? Rich, after all, isn't always about the mighty dollar, but more on the state of mind.

However, I hope that all of these friends stay wealthy and even grow their wealth.

Why?

Because I've seen them share it. I hadn't seen it before, but I've been able to see and hear first hand just how much is going on behind the scenes that I didn't know about. It isn't all about them. They are wealthy in mind, spirit, heart and money.

This is an inspiration for me to step up to the plate and be and do more. Not to get money rich, but to be spirit rich. Sometimes money rich comes in handy, but spirit rich fills the soul and reminds me of God's love. Plus, God somehow takes care of us if we strive to assist Him in being helping hands to those around us.

So, guess I'd better get up off this couch and start doing something because I don't think this particular blog is helping anyone...or if I'm lucky it will be helpful to my one blog reader. Haa.

Happy Sabbath!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...